Breakfast Fried Rice
4 cups Trukai White Rice or Roots Rice
1lb bacon or Tulip Luncheon Pork or meat of choice
½ onion (large, diced)
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
½ cup green onions, green part chopped
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- Chop the bacon or meat of choice into 1 ½ inch cubes and cook in wok until golden brown
- Remove the bacon or meat from the wok and set aside. Using the grease from the meat, sauté the onion and garlic in the wok until the onion is golden brown
- Add the bacon or meat back into the wok with the rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper and cooked through, push the rice to the sides of the wok to create a well, 4 inches.
- Crack 4 eggs into the well. Let them start to cook for about 3-4 minutes then start stirring into the rice. Keep stirring until the egg is cooked.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare 6 eggs, sunny side up
- Sprinkle the green onions over the fried rice
Serve the fried rice into bowls and serve a fried egg, sunny side up, onto the fried rice, in each bowl.