Aupa Ginger Jasmine Rice with Barbequed Chicken Thighs
Aupa Ginger Jasmine Rice with Barbequed Chicken Thighs.
- 100g bunch aupa
- 40g Ginger
- 2g Salt (pinch)
- 150g rice (washed)
- 475g water
- 2g Salt (pinch)
- 5pc Chicken thighs
- 100g Soy sauce
- 15g Oyster sauce
- 5g garlic (chopped)
- 5g ginger (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
Make the Aupa-Ginger mix:
- Pick the aupa leaves off the stalk. Make sure to wash 3 times to remove impurities. Set aside
- Peel ginger and chop. Peel garlic and chop.
- Place a small plan one the stove. Add oil. Once hot sweat off ginger and garlic. Once cooked add washed aupa. Cook out for approx 30 seconds. Once cooked set aside.
Make the Trukai Jasmine Rice:
- Wash the rice and drain.
- Place rice in a small pot. Add water and salt. Cover with a lid and bring to boil. Once the rice comes up to boil turn down to low simmer and cook for approximately 17min. Larger portions will take longer to cook.
- Once cooked and water is absorbed, remove from heat and keep covered with lid for 5 min. This will steam the rice and dry out. Take fork and run through the rice to fluff the rice.
Make the Aupa ginger rice:
- Roughly chop the aupa mi.
- Take the chopped aupa and ginger and fold it into the rice. Make sure to mix well. Once mix well lightly zest a lemon and squeeze the juice over the rice. Mix well. This will give the rice an extra zingy taste.
To cook the chicken thighs:
- Season the chicken thighs with all the ingredients and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 min. My fav way to cook is over the fire. Once you place a rack over the flames, and get it hot, place your chicken thighs on the rack and proceed to cook. Make sure to constantly brush or baste with the left over marinade. This process will add extra flavor and moistness to the meat.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and let it rest before serving.
- You can also bake your chicken in the oven. I would cook your chicken at 175deg for approximately 30 minutes.