Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Spiced Jasmine Rice
- 250g cooked Jasmine rice
- 60g Apple whole or half an apple
- 40g Dry apricots diced (roughly 5 pieces)
- 5g chopped garlic or 1 tsp
- 20g chopped ginger or 5 tsp
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 100g whole onion or half onion chopped
- 200g butter melted
- 3g Chinese 5 spice or 2 tsp
- 1g pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10ml honey
- 200g bread crumbs or until bind
Honey Mustard glaze
- 15ml Honey
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 100ml Chicken stock (water)
- 10ml Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Jasmine rice
- 475ml water
- 2g salt
- 1 whole
- Olive oil
- 200g Butter
- 400ml Olive oil
Make the rice:
- In a pot add 150g of raw Trukai Jasmine rice, add water and salt.
- Place on high heat with the lid on and proceed to bring to boil.
- Once it comes to boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and carefully tilt the lid off to allow for some steam to escape. This will dry out the rice a little further.
Make the stuffing
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Once cooked, add the Chinese 5 spice and apricots and begin to sweat off for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the chopped apples and remove from the heat. Add the cooked Trukai Jasmine rice and sauté off. Add lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and refrigerate.
Make the honey glaze
- Place honey, mustard, vinegar, and roasting juices into a pot and whisk on low heat to emulsify.
- Once mixed thoroughly, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Proceed to glaze the chicken during the cooking process.
- Keep some of the glaze for after the chicken is cooked to use for garnish.
Stuff and roast the chicken
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Make sure to season inside the cavity
- Proceed by stuffing the chicken. Once the chicken is stuffed, proceed to tie truss around the chicken sealing the cavity. If you don’t have string use a tooth pick.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and place a few knobs of butter on the roasting tray. Use the roasting juices for your glaze.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Drop the temperature to 165 degrees and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Make sure to constantly keep glazing the chicken
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and let it rest.